EK takes off with the new Meltemi, a 38mm thick high-performance fan
EK®, the premium liquid cooling gear manufacturer is launching its newest fan on the market, the EK-Meltemi 120ER. It is a 38mm thick extreme high-static pressure computer cooling fan, designed purely for highest-performance computer liquid cooling systems. Developed in-house on the basis of renowned EK-Vardar fans, they have a wide PWM range of operation. Due to a 38mm thick frame, there is space for an upgraded motor and far superior performance compared to any standard 25mm thick fan at the same RPM range.
The Meltemi family of cooling fans carries the name of a type of strong, dry northern winds of the Aegean Sea. The name Meltemi is derived from Italian mal tempo meaning “bad weather”, while we can say that the EK-Meltemi is “bad news” for high temperatures.
The key characteristics of EK-Meltemi fans are:
- High-static pressure – unlike other general-purpose computer cooling fans, the EK-Meltemi family of fans is built specifically for computer liquid cooling systems, namely radiator cooling. The new 7 fan blade design is optimized for extremely high-pressure built upon a massive motor housed in a 38mm thick frame.
- High-quality motor and bearing assembly – New electrical design, and the Dual-Ball bearing with 50.000 hours of lifespan (MTBF) @40C operation ensures uninterrupted operation for years to come. Precise Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) for fan speed adjustment allows performance adjustment on demand.
- Sealed-edge fan casing – The classic, yet the effective square shape of the fan casing provides optimal performance in either pull – (suction) or push (pressure) regime without hydraulic losses, thus ensuring the optimal cooling capacity of your liquid cooling radiators. The classic shape of the fan frame also allows easy cable routing while grouping more fans on one radiator.
- Robust design – The EK-Meltemi 120ER fan fits subtly into any liquid cooling computer giving it an industrial look based on quality and performance.
- Sleeved cable – It comes with a 500mm long, nylon-sleeved 4-pin PWM cable.
The operational range of the EK-Meltemi 120ER fan is 500-1800 RPM (+/-10%) with the typical power draw of 1.6W. Maximum airflow at 1800RPM is 62CFM with 2.75mm H2O pressure.
Availability and Pricing
The EK-Meltemi 120ER is readily available for purchase through the EK Webshop and Partner Reseller Network. In the table below, you can see the manufacturer suggested retail price (MSRP) with VAT included.
|Name||MSRP (incl. VAT)|
|EK-Meltemi 120ER – Black||25.90€||Order now!|